Workshop for Parents-to-Be
Relationships and Mood,
Infant CPR and Newborn Care
Ease the transition into parenting by learning what to expect and how to prepare for the first few months of being new parents. This interactive and fun class brings together experts to provide a well rounded and complete education to help parents-to-be navigate the postpartum period and beyond. The four part workshop begins with an interactive discussion around postpartum healing, body changes and tips on alleviating the physical changes of the first month postpartum. After this, we engage in a conversation around postpartum mood, relationships and support systems. We then move into a hands-on training focused on infant CPR and first aid. The day ends with tips and tricks for caring for your newborn, including soothing your baby, reading infant cues, normal newborn appearance, danger signs to look out for, diapering and much more. You will leave this day feeling more prepared, confident and ready to start your parenting journey.
Topics Covered :
* Postpartum Recovery: Healing, essential supplies and danger signs to look out for
* Relationships: Ways to strength your partnership for life after baby as a team
* Postpartum Mood: Normal transition, coping and when to reach out for help
* Support Systems: How to create a plan now to support you in the upcoming months
* Infant CPR and First Aid: Life saving tools taught by an expert instructor
* Newborns Look Weird: What's normal and what it is not
* Infant Cues and Normal Behavior: How to get to know your baby and what is normal
* Newborn Care: Diapers, swaddles, nail cutting and more
* Practical Advice: Tips from parents that helped them get through the first few months
Serena Saeed-Winn is a Nurse Midwife, Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse. Born and raised in the Bay Area she has served women and their families in San Francisco for over 15 years. She has attended births as a midwife in many settings, including birth centers, homes and hospitals. Serena is the mother of 3 amazing girls including her lively twins. She is dedicated to serving women throughout their lifetime and seeks to empower families through knowledge, support and encouraging parents to trust in themselves.
I’m an instructor for the American Heart Association and American Red Cross and have taught several thousand people CPR, BLS, AED, Standard First Aid and Pediatric First Aid. I’m also a former EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) and worked in home healthcare.
I worked as a comedic actor for many years and try to bring a fun, interactive style to teaching. I also include as much hands-on instruction as possible to ensure that you understand the material you are learning.
My goal for every class is simple — that my students leave feeling confident they will be able to use the skills we practiced in a real medical emergency.